After Cassie and Rachel save a boy from a crocodile pit, Cassie begins to lose control of her morphing ability, the result of an allergic reaction to the crocodile DNA. Meanwhile, Cassie has been invited to the Larry and Linda Show where the famous star, Jason Jon McCole is also a guest talking about The Sharing. The Animorphs must find a way to stop Jason Jon McCole before millions of rabid female JJM fans decide to join The Sharing.
Cassie develops an allergy to the crocodile DNA she has acquired and cannot control her morphing abilities. When she is invited to a popular television show featuring star Jason Jon McCole as a guest, the Animorphs must find a way to stop him from encouraging millions of fans to join The Sharing.
As Cassie turns around to talk to Ax she feels a massive amount of pain in her gut as she clenches against a wall. She then moves to another wall feeling more pain as she falls to her knees clenching her chest in massive pain. Her friends rush other to watch whats happening to her as she puts her hand on the floor. Cassie's hand starts to shrink and get smaller as it morphs into a crocodile hand, the same goes for her other hand too. Cassie now in a quadrople stance winces in more pain as she turns her head to the side and sees her back and clothes starting to turn crocodile as her arm grows scales.
- Part 2: Nowhere to Run ("Between Friends", "The Message" and "The Reaction")
Difference between the book and the TV episode
Aside the fact that Rachel was the one originally allergic to crocodile morph instead of Cassie in the book, there are also other difference between the book and TV episode:
- In the book, the crocodile enclosure in The Gardens is described as having been built in form of large pit with larger crocodiles and the replicas of their habitats inside. In the episode, however, the crocodile enclosure's design is simpler; it only consist of wooden fences and a replica of crocodile habitat with some trees.
- Also, crocodiles that appeared in the film appeared to be juveniles due to their size, obviously smaller than those featured in the books. This is mainly because larger crocodiles are more dangerous and difficult for TV crews and actors to handle.
- The changes of the crocodile enclosures' design also caused the scene where Tyler entered the crocodile enclosure by climbing on its fences to be slightly altered: In the episode, he did not fall or have any other difficulties entering the crocodile enclosure.
- In the episode, both Rachel and Cassie enter the crocodile enclosure together in the same manner Tyler entered it, only to be surrounded by the crocodiles just as they took the boy away. In the book, Rachel enters the crocodile enclosure by herself after distracting the visitors.
- Scene where Rachel acquiring the largest crocodile's DNA, her battle with the largest crocodile with her crocodile morph, and also carrying Tyler to the safe place whilst still in her crocodile morph, was replaced by Cassie simply subdued the largest crocodile by acquiring it's DNA, which later led to her allergic.
- In the book, the first Animorph who discovered Rachel's reaction to the crocodile morph was Cassie, though not actually seeing the morph's allergic symptoms on Rachel until their mission near Jeremy Jason's yacht. In the episode, due to their positions being switched and other changes in the episode plot, Rachel was the one who discovered about Cassie's allergic on crocodile morph first and even witnessed it.
- In the book, Rachel uncontrollably morphs either parts of an animal or different animals entirely. In the episode, Cassie morphs various parts of the crocodile she acquires and even dangerously fully morphs into a crocodile.
- In the book, Animorphs theorized that due to Jeremy Jason McCole (name changed into Jason Jon McCole)'s popularity among the girls, Visser Three would use this to gain more Controllers through him entered The Sharing. The TV episode reinforces this with Tom giving Visser Three this idea whilst the Visser wondering what kind of benefits that humanity gained from television.
- In the book, when Rachel begins "burping" crocodile from inside her, she inevitably morphs into a grizzly bear as the crocodile manifests on her back while Cassie, out of panic, morphs into a squirrel inside of a bathroom stall. Cassie and Rachel then make their attempts to escape whilst in their respective morphs and end up scaring a woman in process that led into chaos on the stage. In the episode, when Cassie began to burp the crocodile morph, she quickly enters a bathroom stall and does so, but does not end up morphing into another animal.
- There was no fight with the crocodile on live stage, or Rachel stepping on the Yeerk while Ax kills the crocodile. Instead, the fiasco ends with the crocodile eating the Yeerk and everyone fleeing quickly.
- Other changes includes the Animorphs who, disguised as animals, witness Jeremy Jason/Jason Jon's Yeerk feeling as opposed with only Rachel being the only witness in the book.
- Unlike Jeremy Jason McCole whom began screaming hysterically once his Yeerk escaped from his body because he previously forced into a Controller, Jason Jon McCole not as hysterical as Jeremy Jason when his Yeerk escaped.
- Ax uses cockroach morph when infiltrating the show in TV series, as opposed of fly morph in the book.
- In the book, the name of the show where Jeremy Jason would inspire his fans was the Barry and Cindy Sue Show. In the episode, the show's named changed into the Larry and Linda Show.
- Scene when Rachel nearly transformed into a bear in front of Mr. Chapman in his office replaced by Cassie nearly transformed into crocodile in front of Tom in the episode. Noticeable similarities in the episode is the involuntary partial morphing occurs near controllers whom known by Rachel/Cassie and from their nervous due to near the said controllers.
- Scene when Rachel’s morph allergic exposed in front of the other Animorphs and Visser Three during a mission in Jeremy Jason’s yacht are replaced by scene where Cassie involuntarily transformed into crocodile right in front of her friends twice in the middle of their meeting to scheming a plan to stop Jason McCole from inspiring his fans from entering The Sharing in their show.
|Season 1||My Name is Jake | Underground | On the Run | Between Friends | The Message | The Escape | The Alien | The Reaction | The Stranger | The Forgotten | The Capture | The Leader | Tobias | Not My Problem | The Release | Face Off Parts 1 and 2|
|Season 2||Face Off Part 3 | My Name is Erek | Changes | The Front|