|Sisi Aisha Johnson
Actress; Potrayed Cassie in the Audiobooks
|Behind the scenes|
Sisi Aisha Johnson grew up in the gorgeously green Pacific Northwest. As a teenager she loved to perform on stage in musicals and plays and at 16 won for her state in the English-Speaking Union's National Shakespeare competition. It was through this competition that she began her professional career working with the creative team of Tygres Heart Shakespeare, a theater company based in Portland, Oregon. She became their youngest original member.
After receiving scholarships she attended Oberlin College then returned back to Portland to play Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet" with the company she loved the best. Since then she has done more regional stagework, most recently as Minnie in Studio Arena and Geva Theaters' duel production of "Flyin' West, and has performed in film and television. She is currently based in New York where she works as a book narrator with Recorded Books and Live Oaks Media. Favorite projects include "Parable of the Talents", "Baby Momma Drama", "Romiette and Julio", "Dear Mr. President" and "Francie" which received recognition in the ALSC's 2003 notable children's recordings.
- Slay (written by Brittney Morris, Published by Simon & Schuster, 2019)
- Sister, Sister (written by Eric Jerome Dickey, Published by Recorded Books, 1997, 2002)
- P.S. Be Eleven(written by Rita Williams-Garcia, Published by HarperCollins Publishers, 2013)
- Unashamed (written by Leah Vernon, Published by Random House Audio, 2019)
- Ninth Ward (written by Jewell Parker Rhodes, Published by Recorded Books, LLC, 2010)
- Animorphs - The Message (written byK.A. Applegate, Published by Scholatic Inc., 1996, 2020)