- "You see all these lions on TV, in movies, in commercials or whatever, and they're often tame and kind of sweet. Or you see them lying around with their paws in the air, sleeping in the shade on the savanna. But you need to realize something. The reason lions have lots of time to sleep is that they are very, very effective killers. They don't need to expend a lot of energy, because as long as there is prey, they'll eat just fine."
The lion was the main battle morph for David and James. It was also Rachel's battle morph in the Animorphs TV series, while a lioness was used by an Auxiliary Animorph and at least two morph-capable Yeerks/human-Controllers.
David acquired a male lion from The Gardens in The Discovery, with the help of Cassie. Nearly two years later, a male lion at The Gardens was acquired by James in The Ultimate. At least one Auxiliary Animorph acquired a lioness, along with two Yeerks/human-Controllers.
Used by DavidEdit
To be added
Used by JamesEdit
- "James's choice of battle morph was an ironic one. Though when he'd chosen a male lion, he had no idea David, the ill-fated Animorph, had chosen the same. Jake is not superstitious. Ignoring our meaningful looks, he'd said nothing. Except, "Good choice, James." Now, watching the lion's wild golden mane emerge from James's own thick golden hair, the morph seemed somehow appropriate."
To be added
- The Stranger (mentioned)
- The Android (mentioned)
- The Forgotten (mentioned)
- The Escape (mentioned)
- The Decision (mentioned)
- In the Time of Dinosaurs (mentioned)
- The Departure (mentioned)
- The Discovery (acquired by David)
- The Threat (morphed by David)
- The Solution (morphed by David)
- The Pretender (mentioned)
- Elfangor's Secret (mentioned)
- The Separation (mentioned)
- The Hidden (mentioned)
- Back to Before (mentioned)
- The Ultimate (acquired and morphed by James)
- The Sacrifice (morphed by James)
- The Answer (lioness; morphed by an Auxiliary Animorph)
- The Beginning (lionesses; morphed by two Yeerks/human-Controllers)