Animorphs was published in many countries internationally. For the original release, it was published in (at least) the US, UK, and Australia and in the following languages: French, German, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Spanish (in Spain, Argentina, and the US), Portuguese (in Portugal and Brazil), Indonesian, Danish, Swedish, Hungarian, Greek, Norwegian, Finnish, Polish, Hebrew, Turkish, Romanian, and Vietnamese. The 2011 re-release was published in the US, France, and Brazil.
In the US, Scholastic published books #1-54, Megamorphs #1-4, four Chronicles books, and Alternamorphs #1 and 2. The covers had the Animorph to animal morph on the cover, the "Animorphs" logo on the top, and the title and author on the bottom right. Each book also had an inside cover depicting the morphed animal in the environment in which it was used by the Animorph. The back cover had a summary beginning with "No one knows who we are..." for books 1-50. Books 51-54 has a different summary reflecting how dire the yeerk invasion situation had become at that point. Below that series summary, would be the summary for the specific book. This summary was usually the same as the summary for the book on the official web site (scholastic.com/animorphs) but the first 3 books had different summaries. The first seven books were initially printed with the "Animorphs" logo having a white background, and the title and author text non-shiny. For later printings of Books 1-7 and for the rest of the series, the Animorphs logo background, and the title and author text would be shiny. Starting with book 45 (which began the ending arc) all books until the end had the Animorphs logo on the cover with a black background.
"Scholastic School Market Editions" of the books were also published in the US. For most of these, the only difference was that in the middle of the book, there would be a stiffer piece of paper advertising the Animorphs Alliance fan club. The books containing this advertisement were the ones in the middle of the series from Book 20 to Book 38, approximately. If the book came with an extra item, such as Book 28 which came with bookmarks, the advertising would take the place of that extra.
Some scholastic editions did not follow this trend, however - the Scholastic edition of Book 14 contained flipbook stickers you could put in your book. The Scholastic editions of Books 30 and 31 were half the thickness of the regular books, contained no inside cover, and had non-shiny covers, with no raised text for the Animorphs logo. The Scholastic edition of Megamorphs #1 and #2 were actually two books - the books were released in two parts to release the book faster. The Scholastic edition of The Andalite Chronicles was released in three parts, with three different covers. The scholastic edition of VISSER was simply the book published in paperback instead of hardback.
The UK books featured the title text in slightly larger font than the US books. They also did not contain inside covers. Books 1-54, Megamorphs 1 and 2, The Hork-Bajir Chronicles, and The Andalite Chronicles were published. Earlier books were released with a more plain background; later books, and later printings, had a multicolored background. Books 47-54 were published as combined editions: 47/48, 49/50, 51/52, and 53/54. Books 9,10,11,12,13, and MM1 came with character stat cards. The front of the card featured the half-human, half animal face that are on the cover of MM1. The back featured character stats that are the same (or very similar) to promotional trading cards that were given out around the same time Megamorphs #1 was released in the US.
These looked almost exactly the same as the US books, with the exception that the back cover had the australian animorphs web site url(www.animorphs.com.au) and the front covers were missing the "watch tv" logo that the US books had. Sometimes there would be a "As seen on ABC TV" sticker on the front cover instead.
The French books were published in France by Folio Junior. They had green spines, and a pink to blue color rainbow on the right side of the cover. The top of the front cover featured the promo image of a finger touching a lizard to "acquire" it. The back cover was usually the same as the US inside cover (with the book summary over it) for the Megamorphs and Chronicles books. For the numbered books, the back cover featured the four half human/half animal faces from the MM1 cover, and a book summary. These books do not have inside covers. Books 47-52 were not published in French. The Deception (Book 46) was "Volume 46" and The Answer (Book 53) was "Volume 47." MM4 and The Ellimist Chronicles were not published in French, but the other megamorphs and chronicles were.
French books were also published in Canada by Les Editions Scholastic. These did not have the rainbow on the right side of the cover (which is something the french publisher, folio junior, has on many books) and do have a small logo that says "Les Editions Scholastic" on the bottom left corner of the front cover.
Books #1-52 and Alternamorphs #1 were published by Mondadori and looked similar to the American covers and back covers, and did not have inside covers. The books were smaller and thicker than the american books, and had blue page spines. In addition, all books came with stickers or transfers at the end of the book.
There are several different publishers of the Spanish language editions of Animorphs, depending on the location of publication.
- Mariposa Scholastic en Español published books #1-4 in the US. The books have similar covers and size as the US books.
- Emece pubished books #1-12 in Argentina. These books are wider and and the spine is thinner than the US books. Book 5 had the lobster cover (instead of gorilla).
- Ediciones B "en espanol para todo el mundo" published books #1-25 in Spain. The books have the title at the top of the cover for individual books. Ediciones B also published the books in combined editions called "Megamorphs" (not the same as Megamorphs in the US releases) - Books 1-3 combined, Books 4-6 combined, and Books 7-9 combined, etc. This publisher also released several books in Catalan.
- In addition, books #26-54 were translated into ebook form.
These were published by Ravensberger, which also published german audio books of the first ten books, in tape and CD format. A total of books #1-30, Megamorphs #1-3, and a combined edition of Alternamorphs #1 and 2 were translated by the publisher into German.
Books #1-14 were published by ZNU. These had black and white pictures of the half-human, half-animal faces of the Animorphs from Megamorphs #1 on the top of the front cover. The right side of the cover featured a colorful animal print pattern. Book 5 was the lobster cover, instead of gorilla.
Only Books 1-5 were published. These feature sketched morph covers in color, and are distinct images from any other publication. The inside of each book includes six black-and-white sketched illustrations.
At least #1-8 were published by Egmont Tempo. These look almost the same as the Norwegian covers, the main difference being the Norwegian books have the publisher's triangle symbol on the cover, and the Danish books have the publisher's name "Egmont Tempo" on the spine. The title are the same in both languages for books 1,3,6,8, and different for books 2,4,5,7, since Norwegian and Danish are very similar languages.
All books #1-54, all four Megamorphs, and all four chronicles were published. The spines look similar to the American covers, and the front covers do as well but there is more space around the Animorphs logo.
- Den fremmede
- Den ukjente
- Den andre
- Det uventede
Book #1-16, Megamorphs #1, and Megamorphs #4 were published in hardback by B. Wahlstroms and had the publisher's name in a green line on the top of the cover, and the title in large white letters on the bottom right.
Books #1-20 and Megamorphs #1 and #2 were published.
Books #1-4 were published. The 'Animorphs' logo was written in Hungarian, so it looks like 'Animorfok.'
Books #1-27 were published. The covers look similar to the American covers, but the title is usually in yellow. Also, these are some of the few international books (other than the vietnamese books) whose translated titles do not match the American form of "The [noun]". For instance, the Book 1 title translates to "The Invasion of Aliens" and Book 26's title translates to "The fight on Planet Iskoort."
Bertrand Editora published books #1-8.
Books #1-15 were published by Rocco in Brazil and look very similar to the American covers as well as the Argentinian Spanish covers.
(Аниморфы) At least books #1-14 were published. The books look similar to the American books, but the 'Animorphs' logo is in Cyrillic script. The Playstation game 'Shattered Reality' and the PC game 'Know the Secret' were also translated.
Κέδρος published books #1-5.
Books #1-13 were published. Book 14 was prepared but not published.
(Dönüşüm) Books #1-8 were published by Altin Kitaplar
Books #1-18 were published by Hed Arzi. The images and text on the covers is reversed because the language is read right to left.
Corint Junior published all four Chronicles books in 2006. Seemingly no other Animorphs books were published.
For the original release, 63 numbered books and 7 "special books" (Bộ đặc biệt) in Vietnamese were published:
- US books #1-14 were published in two parts - 2 vietnamese books for each US book
- books 15-29, 31,33,34,36,38-40,43,45-47,49-54 (the rest were skipped)
- Megamorphs #1 and 2
- The Andalite Chronicles in 3 parts (special books #1-3)
- Hork-Bajir Chronicles in 2 parts (special books #4-5)
- VISSER in 2 parts (special books #6-7) 
In 2018, books #1-5 were rereleased with new hand-drawn covers.
Numbered Books #1-63Edit
- Animorphs #01: The Invasion —— T1: Chiếc hộp Andalite + T2: Vũng tử thần
- Animorphs #02: The Visitor —— T3: Bẫy sập + T4: Vật chủ nổi loạn
- Animorphs #03: The Encounter —— T5: Con tàu ma + T6: Cuộc đối đầu
- Animorphs #04: The Message —— T7: Giấc mơ bí ẩn + T8:Tử chiến trong lòng biển
- Animorphs #05: The Predator —— T9: Quái vật hiện hình + T10: Một phát hiện đau lòng
- Animorphs #06: The Capture —— T11: Át chủ bài + T12: Trên đe dưới búa
- Animorphs #07: The Stranger —— T13: Do thám hang địa ngục + T14: Lựa chọn sinh tử
- Animorphs #08: The Alien —— T15: Tai ách nghiệt ngã + T16: Chiến binh phá luật
- Animorphs #09: The Secret —— T17: Trại đốn cây kỳ quặc + T18: Vũ khí bí mật
- Animorphs #10: The Android —— T19: Những đồng minh kỳ lạ + T20: Tinh thể Pemalite
- Animorphs #11: The Forgotten —— T21: Ảo giác kinh hoàng + T22: Tai hoạ giữa rừng hoang
- Animorphs #12: The Reaction —— T23: Rối loạn ADN + T24: Buổi trình diễn bất thành
- Animorphs #13: The Change —— T25: Kẻ đào ngũ + T26: Phần thưởng cho lòng dũng cảm
- Animorphs #14: The Unknown —— T27: Vùng 91 + T28: Ngôi nhà quái dị
- Animorphs #15: The Escape —— T29: Đảo cá mập
- Animorphs #16: The Warning —— T30: Tỉ phú cùng đường
- Animorphs #17: The Underground —— T31: Cơn điên yến mạch
- Animorphs #18: The Decision —— T32: Phản binh tàu con cú
- Animorphs #19: The Departure —— T37: Con dao hai lưỡi
- Animorphs #20: The Discovery —— T34: Săn đuổi hộp biến hình
- Animorphs #21: The Threat —— T35: Kẻ phản bội
- Animorphs #22: The Solution —— T36: Đòn trừng phạt
- Animorphs #23: The Pretender —— T33: Di chúc của người cha
- Animorphs #24: The Suspicion —— T38: Giặc nhà trời phẫn nộ
- Animorphs #25: The Extreme —— T39: Những con ma đảo tuyết
- Animorphs #26: The Attack —— T40: Hành tinh Iskoort
- Animorphs #27: The Exposed —— T41: Lá bài điên
- Animorphs #28: The Experiment —— T42: Bí mật nhà máy thịt hộp
- Animorphs #29: The Sickness —— T43: Những con bệnh Yamphut
- Megamorphs 1: The Andalite’s Gift —— T44: Quái vật sao thổ
- Megamorphs 2: In the Time of Dinosaurs —– T45: Thời đại khủng long + T46: Thảm hoạ sao chổi
- Animorphs #31: The Conspiracy —— T47: Lưới độc
- Animorphs #33: The Illusion —— T48: Cảm tử quân ra trận
- Animorphs #34: The Prophecy —— T49: Ngôi vị chủ nhân
- Animorphs #36: The Mutation —— T50: Đao phủ biển
- Animorphs #38: The Arrival —— T51: Người ở lại
- Animorphs #39: The Hidden —— T52: Thế trận nực cười
- Animorphs #40: The Other —— T53: Anh hùng thất trận
- Animorphs #43: The Test —— T54: Đường hầm kinh dị
- Animorphs #45: The Revelation —— T55: Hai người mẹ
- Animorphs #46: The Deception —— T57: Quyết định tối hậu
- Animorphs #47: The Resistance —— T56: Tự do màu đỏ
- Animorphs #49: The Diversion —— T58: Chiến dịch tim vỡ
- Animorphs #50: The Ultimate —— T59: Giải pháp cuối cùng
- Animorphs #51: The Absolute —— T60: Ván bài lật ngửa
- Animorphs #52: The Sacrifice —— T61: Cuộc đua về vũng tử thần
- Animorphs #53: The Answer —— T62: Những cái phao chân rết
- Animorphs #54: The Beginning —— T63: Bay về phía mặt trời
Front Covers #1-28 (Vietnamese #1-42)Edit
Front Covers #29-54 (Vietnamese #43-63)Edit
"Special Books" Bộ đặc biệt #1-7 Edit
- The Andalite Chronicles —— ĐB1: Thiên hà lâm nguy + ĐB2: Một tỉ dặm sai lầm + ĐB3: Người lạ qua đời
- The Hork-Bajir Chronicles —— ĐB4: Hành tinh hoa mặt trời + ĐB5: Dòng dõi những chiến binh
- Visser —- ĐB6: Phiên toà xử các Visser + ĐB7: Những đứa con của hổ chúa
2018-2019 Re-release CoversEdit
The Animorphs series was re-released in 3 countries in 2011-2012: the United States, France, and Brazil.
United States 2011 releaseEdit
In 2011-2012, Scholastic published books #1-7 in paperback, and Book 8 in ebook form, before the re-release was cancelled. The books had a lenticular card on the cover, so you could see the Animorph "morph" from human to animal via the lenticular format.
France 2011 releaseEdit
Books #1-5 were published by Gallimard Jeunesse and the front and back covers were designed to look very similar to the American 2011 front and back covers.
Portuguese (Brazil) 2011 releaseEdit
Editoria Fundamento in Brazil published books #1-6. The books feature entirely distinct cover pictures from any other publication - large human/animal face that spans the size of the cover.
Published books guide by countryEdit
|Country||Publisher||Books Published||Series Name|
|US (Original)||Scholastic||#1-54, Megamorphs #1-4,Four Chronicles, Alternamorphs #1-2||Animorphs|
|French (France)||Folio Junior||#1-46, 53,54, Megamorphs #1-3,Hork-Bajir,Visser,Andalite Chronicles, Alternamorphs #1||Animorphs|
|French (Canada)||Les Editions Scholastic||At least #1-30, Megamorphs #1 and 2||Animorphs|
|United Kingdom||Scholastic Hippo||#1-46,47-54 in combined books, Megamorphs #1-3, Andalite and Hork-Bajir Chronicles,||Animorphs|
|Italy||Mondadori||#1-52, Alternamorphs #1||Animorphs|
|Germany||Ravensburger||#1-30, Megamorphs #1-3, Alternamorphs 1/2 combined||Animorphs|
|Spain (Spanish)||Ediciones B||#1-25, plus "Megamorphs" combined editions - at least 5 of 3 books each||Animorphs|
|US (Spanish)||Mariposa Scholastic en Español||#1-4||Animorphs|
|Norwegian||#1-54, Megamorphs #1-4, all chronicles||Animorphs|
|Danish||Egmont Tempo||At least #1-8||Animorphs|
|Portugal||Bertrand Editora||At least #1-8||Animorphs|
|Russian||#1-14 (possibly 15)||Аниморфы|
|Romanian||Corint Junior||All four Chronicles books only||Animorfi|
|Finnish||Tammi||At least #1-20, Megamorphs 1 and 2||Animorphs|
|Vietnamese||#1-29, 31,33,34,36,38-40,43,45-47,49-54, Megamorphs #1-2, Hork-Bajir, Andalite, Visser Chronicles||Animorphs|
|US||Scholastic||#1-7 in paperback, #8 in ebook|
- The only book to feature international covers with a different morph than the US cover was book 5, The Predator. The US cover featured Marco morphing gorilla, while many international editions (UK, French, Dutch, Spanish (Emece), Portuguese, Brazilian, Polish) featured Marco morphing lobster. Cover artist David Mattingly illustrated and designed both morphs. When Mattingly published morphing flipbooks of many of the covers to his youtube channel in 2011, the Marco flipbook video included both the gorilla morph and the lobster morph.
- For the original release, the Japanese covers were the only international editions to feature different cover art from the US covers. For the 2011 re-release, the Brazilian covers were the only ones different from the re-released US covers.
- Most of the international books do not have inside covers. The exceptions are German, Russian, Norwegian, Turkish, and Indonesian.