Craig † (lieutenant)
Erica † (lieutenant)
Five unnamed members †
|First appearance||The Ultimate|
|Last appearance||The Answer|
The Auxiliary Animorphs were other children who were given the power to morph by the Animorphs. All of them were physically disabled in some form. Some Auxiliary Animorphs were cured by the morphing technology.
After their identities were exposed, the Animorphs were forced to evacuate their families and relocate to the free Hork-Bajir valley. Soon after, the decision was made to recruit more Animorphs to the team to continue the resistance against the Yeerks in case anything happened to the original six. They chose to recruit physically disabled kids because the Yeerks would find them to be undesirable hosts. This would ensure Controller-free recruits. They also believed that giving disabled kids morphing capabilities would heal their physical disabilities.
- "Slowly our team formed a line. Grizzly. Gorilla. Tiger. Andalite. Hawk. Wolf. Then James's team. Lion. Crocodile. Bobcat. Bull. Then Craig's team. And Erica's. Slowly the visser's attention was caught. Maybe I imagined the look of fear that flitted across his enigmatic Andalite face as he surveyed our forces. Maybe not. But for the first time since this war had begun, it looked like a fair fight."
Seventeen new Animorphs were recruited and dubbed the Auxiliary Animorphs. The recruits were all hand picked by James, and brought to The Gardens to acquire various morphs. Only three individuals were actually healed by the morphing process. After about fifteen minutes of surveillance all six Animorphs went in, and after entering accidentally woke up a young redhead girl. Unfortunately the room was under surveillance, and the Yeerks (led by Tom) seized the blue box and captured the Animorphs. They were only able to escape because of the arrival of the Auxiliary Animorphs.
- "I felt sick inside. I should do something. I should stop this. That was the auxiliary Animorphs down there on the ground dying. Burning."
All of the Auxiliary Animorphs were killed in the final battle against the Yeerks' Pool ship. They had sacrificed their lives to assist Sam Doubleday's ground force as the original Animorphs invaded the Pool ship. Jake heard Visser One gleefully order the Pool ship's gunners to kill any animals in the fight below, until the gunners report none are left.
- "Please tell me I misunderstood. Please tell me you haven't actually convinced disabled children to participate in this nightmare."
"We had no choice."
"There's always a choice. Jake, I thought you knew that. Where's the boy I used to know? The boy who was so clear on right and wrong."
- ―Walter and Jake
The idea of recruiting disabled teens was a controversial one. Ax in particular made several objections to recruiting what Andalites call vecols. Walter, Cassie's father, who overheard the plans of recruiting disabled children into battle strongly objected, but Jake had made his decision and the others stood by him.
- James: The first to gain the power to morph, and became the leader of the Auxiliary Animorphs. He chose a lion as his battle morph.
- Collette: A young girl paralyzed from birth, with a talent for lying. She was among the first four Auxiliary Animorphs, and used a crocodile battle morph.
- Kelly: A cynical and sarcastic girl with cystic fibrosis. She was among the first four Auxiliary Animorphs, and used a bull battle morph.
- Timmy: A young Asian boy confined to a wheelchair with cerebral palsy. He was among the first four Auxiliary Animorphs and used a bobcat battle morph
- Craig: A young boy, who, like James and Erica, was healed by the morphing process. He became a lieutenant to James.
- Erica: A young girl, who, like James and Craig, was healed by the morphing process. She became a lieutenant to James.
- Jessie: A girl in Erica's squad that was afraid of going into the first battle.
- Judy: A girl who used an African Elephant battle morph.
- Julio: A boy who used a grizzly bear battle morph despite Rachel's jealousy.
- Liam: A boy in Craig's squad that was afraid of going into the first battle.
- Ray: A boy who used a leopard battle morph. He was shot by a Dracon beam, and became the first casualty among the Auxiliary Animorphs.
- Tricia: A girl who used a rhinoceros battle morph.
- There remains five other unnamed members.
|Animorphs||Jake | Rachel | Tobias | Cassie | Marco | Ax | David|
|Auxiliary Animorphs||James | Collette | Timmy | Kelly | Craig | Erica | Julio | Liam | Tricia | Jessie | Judy | Ray|