|Behind the scenes|
Killed by Edriss 562
- "Allison Kim was different than Jenny Lines. She was not a drug addict. She was not stupid. She was a scientist. Oh, I know, the idea of human science is almost laughable, but she had the disciplined habits of mind, and the imagination to... She was more similar to the human Lowenstein than to Jenny Lines or the hapless soldier."
- ―Edriss 562
Allison Kim was the third human host body used by Edriss 562 and her most favorable one. Edriss and Allison formed a partnership, falling in love with Hildy Gervais and his Yeerk, Essam 293, causing the four to become married and create two children – Darwin and Madra. After Edriss was forced to leave Kim's body by Essam, who took the children away from her, Edriss pursued them and killed Allison.
Infested by Edriss 562
- "I punched her hard in the stomach, forcing the air out of her lungs. I punched her in the side of the head, stunning her. I held her head close and kicked my way down to the bottom of the pool. She struggled, but Jenny Lines was younger and stronger and an expert swimmer. I pressed our ears together and reached out to her. It was Lowenstein's pool, so we had long since dispensed with the chlorine that would have burned my slime coat. I reached to her across a gap of sun-warmed water. Entered her ear. Pushed with expert ease down through her ear canal. Around the bones and through the membranes till I touched her mind. All I needed was contact with her motor functions. I found them quickly enough. Tapped into her arm and leg controls. Froze her, paralyzed her. [...] Allison Kim, the new me, waited till it was too late, then made a show of hauling Jenny Lines to the surface. I performed the primitive human methodology for resuscitating a person who has attempted to breathe water. It failed as, of course, it must."
- ―Edriss 562
Despite resisting her infestation, Allison, desperate to learn and gain knowledge, pressed Edriss for questions on Yeerk science and technology. In order to play a game and challenge Allison, Edriss once allowed Allison control over her left eye. However, during a drive on the highway, Allison shut the eye, nearly causing Edriss to crash and kill the two.
- "The children must survive, Edriss. You know that. You feel that. I know you do. You've come so far, learned so much. You know that the children, my children, and yes, your children, Edriss, they're what it's all about."
"They will live."
"One thing we swear, the four of us, the children will survive."
- ―Allison Kim, Edriss 562 and Essam 293
- "As soon as I could get free, I went after Allison. She was gone. The twins were still there. Allison had no choice but to leave them, of course. She was afraid I'd kill her, or infest her again. I knew she would come back for the children. I relied on it. She was very clever. She came back disguised as a doctor. A wig, colored contact lenses, so on. But I knew her too well. I killed her."
- ―Edriss 562
However, the children developed a fever, prompting Essam and Allison to bring them to a hospital. Edriss managed to locate her children's name on a hospital database and made her way there, where she encountered a dying Essam, starving from lack of Kandrona rays. As Essam began to flee from Hildy's body, Edriss prematurely pulled him out, ripping his body in two and causing the latter half to become fuse with Hildy's brain, rendering Hildy psychotic and causing him to attack Edriss/Lore. Allison, who had witnessed the event, then fled the hospital, returning in a disguise. However, Edriss had foreseen her actions and killed her when she arrived. With Allison dead, Edriss left her children at the hospital, causing the twins to be declared abandoned and thereby put up for adoption.